How to extract page to file with file named with specific text in the current page?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

maikhanhmst
User

How to extract page to file with file named with specific text in the current page?

Post by maikhanhmst »

Hi all,

I want to extract page to file with the file shall be named with text combined from two location in the current page - the page is extracting.

The situation is the location may vary and fixed.

Anyone have any advise to my problem, please share it to me.

Many thanks.

KM
Last edited by maikhanhmst on Sat May 20, 2023 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: How to extract page to file with file named with specific test in the current page?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello maikhanhmst,

I am afraid that it is not currently possible to use text from a specific location on a document's page(s) as part of the file name. Sorry.

Kind regards,
Stefan
maikhanhmst
User

Re: How to extract page to file with file named with specific test in the current page?

Post by maikhanhmst »

Hello Stefan,

Many thanks for your information.

Regards,
KM
rakunavi
User

Post by rakunavi »

Hello maikhanhmst,

The Extract pages feature allows you to specify the title of the bookmark as a file name, so if you can create the desired file name as a bookmark in advance, your goal will be achieved.

Therefore, your request might be be replaced with how to create the desired file name as bookmarks.

For example, if you have text in a certain position that you want to use as part of a file name, you can do the following.

1. Make two copies of the file.
  2. Crop the first copy of the file so that only the first text you want to use as the file name is displayed.
  3. Save the first file as a text file.
  4. Crop the second file you copied so that only the second text you want to use as the file name is displayed.
  5. Save the second file as a text file.
  6. Merge the two text files line by line.
  7. Edit the file in bookmark text format for PDF-XChange Editor, and then execute "Generate Bookmarks From Text File" feature.

8. Extract each page by specifying the bookmark title as the filename in the Extract Pages dialog.
If the text is positioned in different places, it would be more efficient to create one bookmark at a time with the "Use Selected Text as Title" option enabled on Options menu of Bookmarks pane, instead of cropping as described in the above procedure. After combining two bookmarks per page into one bookmark, the above procedure should do the trick.

Since different people may have different skills in editing text files, etc., this is only a rough outline of the procedure. Also, the above procedure is meaningful only if the file has at least several hundred pages, and if it has only a few pages, it would be much faster to do it all by hand.

I have only described what I would try if I were in your shoes.

Hoping that the above information will be of some help to you.

Best regards,
rakunavi
TOP desires for PDFXCE
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=39665 LassoTool
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=38554 CmtGarbled
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=37353 FulScrMultiMon
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=41002 DisableTouchSelect
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: How to extract page to file with file named with specific text in the current page?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello rakunavi,

Many thanks for the suggestion!

@maikhanhmst - please do let us know if the above helps!?

Kind regards,
Stefan