"Combine to PDF" warns that MS Office is not activated  SOLVED

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

IBM738592
User

"Combine to PDF" warns that MS Office is not activated

Post by IBM738592 »

Hi,

I recently installed Microsoft 365 Apps. M365 works flawlessly, but PDF-XChange seems to have lost some functionality. When I go to Explorer, select multiple files, right-click and select the alternative to combine multiple files into a single PDF, then PDF-XChange will open as normal and also display a warning. The warning has the title "MS Office is not activated" and the PDF-XChange icon, and then the text says that Microsoft Office does not seem to be activated, and usage of non-activated Office is not recommended since there is no guarantee the files will open correctly. I can then select if I want to continue or not, or cancel. I can also tick a box saying I can remember my choice. So right now I checked that box and selected "Yes", and I have full functionality. But my question is why this happened? I have checked all the settings I can find and I can not find any particular setting that is "tied" to Office 2016 and "can't find" M365 etc.

*PDFXEdit.exe is version 9.3.361.0
* PDFXTools.exe is same version
* XCShInfoSetup.exe is same version

Computer has been restarted, PDF-XChange has been completely wiped and then re-installed, the Add-in from within a M365-application has been verified to have full functionality. M365 is 32-bit & PDF-XChange is 64-bit. With elevated privileges I re-registered "PXCOfficeAddin.x86.dll" and "PXCOfficeAddin.x64.dll" with regsvr32 but same issue persists.

Any ideas?
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: "Combine to PDF" warns that MS Office is not activated

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

The answer is here:

viewtopic.php?p=153466

Kind regards.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)
IBM738592
User

Post by IBM738592 »

Willy Van Nuffel wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:27 am The answer is here:

https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?p=153466

Kind regards.
Thank you very much!
Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:57 am :)
Is this work around the official solution provided by PDF-XChange? If so, then I can imagine that some administrators may want to automate this "Yes" together with "Remember my choice", but without user intervention. Do you have any tips for that?

Bonus question: Does Adobe purposefully pay a lot of money to hide PDF-XChange from search engines? I have been searching for a long time but have not found any threads on this forum. :x
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: "Combine to PDF" warns that MS Office is not activated  SOLVED

Hello IBM738592,

The registry entry for the "Do not ask me again" should be in this tree:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Settings\PluginsData
(Plug-in names are alphanumeric strings - and I do not seem to have this checkbox ticked - so I can not point you to the exact plug-in and key value - but it will be in that subtree).

As for search results - I can not comment! :D

Kind regards,
Stefan
IBM738592
User

Post by IBM738592 »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:40 am Hello IBM738592,

The registry entry for the "Do not ask me again" should be in this tree:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Settings\PluginsData
(Plug-in names are alphanumeric strings - and I do not seem to have this checkbox ticked - so I can not point you to the exact plug-in and key value - but it will be in that subtree).

As for search results - I can not comment! :D

Kind regards,
Stefan
Thank you for quick support as always!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

:)