Strange behaviour

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Tamutka
User

Strange behaviour

Post by Tamutka »

Hello,
Using the scan, I have pdf files from which I need to extract some pages. However, when I open it, the document is in the form I am attaching the image to you. I can't scroll through the pages. How to fix this problem?
Before PDFXChange, I had an old version of Nitro, in which I could easily edit these documents without problems.
Otherwise, your program is excellent and I am very satisfied. All recent documents are flawless.
Thank you and best regards, Natasa
image(4).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Strange behaviour

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hi,

I suppose that your document is shown in "Ribbon Layout" at this moment. That means that the pages are shown side by side instead of one above the other. You can change this via the View-ribbon. Select "Standard Layout" instead of "Ribbon Layout".
See second indicated icon in my screenshot.

Besides that, there is also the possibility in PDF-XChange Editor to show "gaps" between the pages or to hide those gaps. I think they are hidden at this moment. You can show them by clicking the toggle/icon "Show Gaps Between Pages".
See first icon in my screenshot.

Does this help ?

Kind regards.
PDF-XChange Editor - Ribbon Layout with Hidden Gaps.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Tamutka,

thanks for the post. Do you have "Ribbon Layout" enabled?
image.png
Maybe set that to "Standard Layout" and also check if you want "Continuous" or "Single Page" views:
image(1).png
Does that help?
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Tamutka

You appear to be in the "ribbon page layout" which certainly should still allow scrolling, it would simply scroll left and right instead of up and down. Note that if you are zoomed in close enough that a vertical scroll bar appears you will need to hold "shift" while scrolling to scroll horizontally.

If this is not working, I will need to ask for three things from you so we can test and troubleshoot:
1. Can you please confirm which version and build of our software you are running right now? you can check under help > about
2. Can you please send us a copy of this document.
3. Can you please export your editor settings, and send us a copy. Settings are exported by clicking File > manage settings > export settings. (note that to upload a settings file to the forums, you will also need to place it in a zip folder).
If any of this information is confidential, you can send it to us via email <support@pdf-xchange.com> with a link to this post, instead of uploading it to our public forums.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Tamutka
User

Post by Tamutka »

:D Thank you all!
So simple! Only some button press!
Best regards and have a good time! Natasa
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Not everything has to be complicated. :-)

Best regards.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Strange behaviour

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com