Cropping > "remove cropped content" necessary?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

heidi-hoh
User

Post by heidi-hoh »

Hi,

i tried to understand in help, if "remove cropped content" is necessary after "normal" (see picture) cropping, but did not get it.
So i always use it (same story, when i split pages) but i realized, that the file size didn't change anymore.
But it is so prominent in the menu. :lol:
It is just one click, but i like to understand. Or: When do i need this funktion?
cropping.jpg
btw.: i think that 97,5% of all users will crop like i do. Just crop and don't think about different "boxes" we never heard before (and i hope, i use the correct boxtype). Just keeping annotations makes sense for me. For graphic-design pros, the story is different. They might need all this extra stuff.
Would like a button "advanced functions" for those settings only 2,5% might use.
Or a simple summary/"how to" in help, how the 97,5% non pros should setup the parameters for cropping and perhaps do post operations.

Dirk
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Cropping > "remove cropped content" necessary?

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Dirk,

the file size should reduce on save with those options. It would make sense I guess for the default to include those, but at the end of the day that would be at the discretion of the development team.

I can float the idea and see what people think, but given that it's easy to check those boxes, that the choice is "remembered", and the fact the the current default is safer (not deleting data is usually safer when there is s choice) they may decide to leave it as is.

regards
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
heidi-hoh
User

Re: Cropping > "remove cropped content" necessary?

Post by heidi-hoh »

OK, thank you
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)