Paper not printed correctly

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Davide78
User

Paper not printed correctly

Post by Davide78 »

Hello, I am submitting an anomaly that occurs when we print a PDF on a plotter using PDF-Xchange PRO.
In the two attached images you can see the difference in printing made using PDF-Xchange PRO or Acrobat Reader.
Do you have any suggestions for solving this problem?
Thank you
Attachments
Print with PDF-Xchange PRO.jpeg
Print with Acrobat Reader.jpeg
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Paper not printed correctly

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Davide78,

First can you please go to Help -> About inside the Editor and check which build of our products is currently installed on your end?
If it is not 367 (the current latest) - please try to update first.

Then - does your plotter have more than one set of drivers (e.g. PCL + PostScript)? Can you try to print through the other and see if that helps?
If the different driver does not help - does "Print as Images" allow you to output the result correctly?

Kind regards,
Stefan
Davide78
User

Post by Davide78 »

Hi, I read that the installed version is 8.0 Build 342.0, I will try to request the update which however depends on the IT Service.
Meanwhile, as suggested, I tried to run "print as image", and the result is readable but still not satisfactory, for now, however, it may be fine.
Thanks for the assistance
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Davide78

Glad to hear you have a workaround for the time being. Please do let us know right away if the update does not resolve the issue for you.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Davide78
User

Post by Davide78 »

Hello, unfortunately even switching to the 9.3 version 361 build the problem persists... :(
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for doing that David,

Then - does your plotter have more than one set of drivers (e.g. PCL + PostScript)? Can you try to print through the other and see if that helps?

Did you see if there were other driver options available? We may need to simulate printing to your printer, I will know after I consult the dev team on this, but if so we wil need to test the same driver as you are using. Can you please check the manufacturer's website to see if there is an updated or alternative driver available, test it, and if the issue persists send us a link to the same driver. If we simulate having your plotter and send the same job to it (we will need the PDF in question) we may be able to capture what is happening.

So if you can do that please, check for newer or alternative drivers, test them and pass on the results we will take it from there.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Also, do you have any other printer to print to (laser, inkjet, ...)? If yes, what are the results on that other printer?

You can also print to the "PDF-XChange Lite" printer. The resulting PDF, how does it look?

Finally, what are the (dpi) settings, via File > Print > More... ?
>
PDF-XChange Editor - Advanced Print Options.png
Perline
User

Post by Perline »

Hello I have the same problem, a lot of letters dissapear at the print on my canon printer.

unless printing "infrastructures" it print "in r stru tur s" .

with my HP printer no problem, with another pdf reader no problem.
I update the printer version and the 9.3 version.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Perline,

Welcome to our forums.
You mention that you have updated to version 9.3. The current latest is 9.5 Build 367.
Can you please go to Help -> About inside the Editor on your machine, and check and confirm which build is actually installed on your end?

I presume "Print as Images" allows you to print correctly to the problematic printer as well?

Kind regards,
Stefan