Error when combining PDFs together

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

tannerpizza
User

Error when combining PDFs together

Post by tannerpizza »

I've got a handful of users in my VMWare Horizon environment trying to combine PDFs together, multiple PDF documents, and receiving the error here.
example.png
When trying to save the document per the error that is provided above, they get the following error.
saveas.png
I cannot recreate the issue, it works for me when going into the environment and trying it myself, with the same files they are currently having a problem here.

I'm unable to find this error via googling, so I would appreciate anything I can try to resolve this issue.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Error when combining PDFs together

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, tannerpizza

The Xref error you are seeing indicates that we have identified some damage to the document itself (not an issue within our software). We do try to fix these next time that the file is saved, as you may have noticed. Typically these errors can be mostly ignored, but if you are seeing it regularly, you may want to look into the creation or other tools which are being used to edit/modify these files, as one of them is likely causing the issue.

As for the end of data reached, that can be related to the xref errors, but it is very strange that you are unable to reproduce the issue with the exact same file. Could I ask you to send us a copy o the file so we can try to reproduce the issue here as well?? If the file contains sensitive data, please send it via email, to support@pdf-xchange.com, with a link to this forum post.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com