Label thumbnails individually

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

cjholly@sbcglobal.net
User

Label thumbnails individually

Post by cjholly@sbcglobal.net »

There are a lot of things PDF-Xchange Pro lets me do, but I am not seeing a way to label individual thumbnails. The best I have come up with is bookmarking, but that means switching panes, etc.

For example, I have a stack of documents. The thumbnail pane would let me change the numbering scheme of each page, but not label them individually. My stack might include 6 different bank account statements. I would like to be able to label each by account number so I can see at a glance what I have in my stack so far. Would this be hard to program?

Sometimes I bring files together and it would be really sweet to pull the file name with each into the stack as a label for that/those items. Would that be hard to do?

Assuming I have not missed a feature that already does these things, I will tell you what I tell my wife when she has yet another ;-) brilliant idea for me to carry out: "Add it to the list!" Thanks --Chris
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Label thumbnails individually

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello cjholly@sbcglobal.net,

Please take a look here:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... Thumbnails
While it refers to Roman Numerals - you can number your pages with custom strings as well.
The way this is done is because of the PDF specification, so if you want a unique label for each page - you will effectively need to create new 'range' for each with one page per such a range.

Kind regards,
Stefan