Preview PDF in Everything by Voidtools

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

igorlima
User

Preview PDF in Everything by Voidtools

Post by igorlima »

Hello!

I use a program called Everything to search for my files in my pc. This program has a feature wich allows me to preview the file before opening it. I can preview .docx document and images for example.

The problem is that I'm not being able to preview pdf files in Everything.

Also I'm not being able to preview pdf files in the File Explorer of windows

But I use a program called Xyplorer and there I'm being able to preview pdf files with pdf xchange.

I tried changing the setting on Preferences > File associations, but every time I try to change something it goes back to "Do not change". Please see video attached.
Video_2023-03-16_161749.rar
(406.7 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

Any help would be much appreciated!
Igor
PDF-XChange Editor fan :)
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Preview PDF in Everything by Voidtools

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, igorlima

Reverting to "do not change" is entirely expected, this is because the Editor is unable to detect if our software is being used, it can only send windows a request to either use or stop using our software, and when you click "apply" it sends that request, then the option reverts to do not change so that if you click apply a second time, it does not send another request. If you find this is not working you could try re-registering the shell extensions as detailed here: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... extensions

As for using our preview in "everything". While this works in XYplorer, this is going to be because XYplorer uses the basic Windows explorer as a base, and loads the shell extension from there directly. We do not officially support any third party Windows Explorer replacements, so this is very much a case of "either it works, or it does not". There is very little we can do beyond suggest you ask the creators of this application if they can, and if they try to load the default windows shell extensions.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com