Default font Size in Auto-Size Form Text

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

RobPDF
User

Default font Size in Auto-Size Form Text

Post by RobPDF »

Hello,

When creating PDF Forms with Text boxes in them, you can set the Font Size to 'Auto' in those text boxes. The "Default" Size then becomes as big as the box can fit and gradually decreases the more you type.

Now my Question is: Can you set a different "Default" Size when setting the box to Auto? Like when I create the text box, I want to set the font to Arial 9pt, then gradually decrease the size the more you Type, instead of it getting as big as the box can fit, and then decreasing.

I havent found anything about this on the Net, so I would be most appreciative for solutions.

Thank you.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Default font Size in Auto-Size Form Text

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello RobPDF,

Initially the text size is determined by the height of the field. So if you create your field a bit shorter (and still as wide as needed or available in your form design) - this should work to make the initial text height the desired 9pt. Please note that there is also a minimum text size of 4pt, and if at 4pt the whole text can not be fit - it will still "overflow" the length of the field and not show in it's entirety.

Kind regards,
Stefan
RobPDF
User

Post by RobPDF »

Hello Stefan,

I know about this solution, but is there another one, where you dont have to change the field size?

Thanks in advance!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, RobPDF

I am afraid that any offering we could give for this would be inconsequential at best. The "auto" handling is defined by the reading application, not the form field itself. Most apps use a maximum font size of either 128 or 144. I believe that we stick to 144, but even if you could change this maximum, it would only change the maximum for you personally, on your local editor installation, there is no way to embed the information into the document and ensure that the field always respects that choice in other apps or on other devices.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com