Surface Pen 2 on Surface Pro 8, two questions

For users with issues, or feature requests, on touchscreen devices.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
For users with issues, or feature requests, on touchscreen devices.

DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

Please specify the specific name of the product in question, the Version and Build, then the issue/feature feature:

i.e.

PDF-XChange Editor, Version 5.5 Build 315.

Description of issue/request: "................."
Farloss
User

Post by Farloss »

Hello!

I own a Surface Pro 8 (Windows 11) with the Surface Pen 2 and recently bought PDF XChange Editor Plus.
I want to Ask two questions about using the Surface Pen 2.

For work I often have to write comments and notes or make Text markings in a PDF File.
Before PDFXChange I used OneNote for Windows 10 because it has full Surface Pen Support.

Now I own PDFXChange (Like it very much so far!) and I want to use the Surface Pen 2 to write comments in a PDF File
and the back end of the Pen to erase something if necessary (works fine in One Note). But the back end of the Pen
in PDFXChange is writing too.

Long Story short:

1. Is it possible to use the front of the Surface Pen 2 for writing and the back for erasing?

2. Is it possible to give the button on the Pen a function? Best would be if I click the button it changes between Pen and
Text Marker and back if I click again.

Sorry for my english Im not a native speaker. I hope there is a possible answer for my two questions.

Thank you
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Surface Pen 2 on Surface Pro 8, two questions

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Farloss

We do offer a function to automatically switch to the pencil and eraser tools with the Stylus, the Editor will then switch back to the hand tool during finger touch operations for navigation.
image.png
Regarding button configuration, This can somewhat be achieved by using the windows stylus configuration utility, that should allow you to set these stylus buttons as regular keys, which you can then setup as hotkeys within the Editor to quickly enable that feature. By default, the thumb button on the Surface pen 2 is a "right click" modifier (hold thumb button and tap screen to open right-click context menu), which may be more useful than the other options for you.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Farloss
User

Re: Surface Pen 2 on Surface Pro 8, two questions

Post by Farloss »

Thank you very much!

I found the settings and now everything is working like I want it.

Greetings
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com