Creating Layers via code

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
Serhii
User

Creating Layers via code

Post by Serhii »

Hi!

We use licensed PDF-XChange Editor SDK in a WPF Desktop app.

We noticed that in the PDF-XChange Editor, it is possible to insert layers and save a pdf document. And after we load the document to our app, we can see layers in the Quick Tools. Unfortunately, we cannot use Quick Tools because there are features that can break our user flow, so we disable it for our users.

Could you tell me if it is possible to create layers from code? And if yes, how can we add annotations to a specific layer?

Thanks!

Serhii
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Creating Layers via code

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Serhii

I am afraid that at the moment, it is not possible to manipulate layers via code. We have had some previous discussion about that in this thread if you would like to see the Developers reply: viewtopic.php?p=161830#p161830

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Serhii
User

Re: Creating Layers via code

Post by Serhii »

Thank you, Daniel! I hope you will release this feature one day. It will be useful for us.

Best regards, Serhii
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Creating Layers via code

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)