Warning: Warning! MS Office is not activated, correct file processing is not guaranteed!

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

rkg82tg
User

Warning: Warning! MS Office is not activated, correct file processing is not guaranteed!

Post by rkg82tg »

I'm running M365 with PDF-Tools, and am getting this message in the Tool report:

My M365 Office sure seems fully activated to me: this is a corporate IT installation on my office laptop, with all the latest updates installed:

However, when I run the following DOS command
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16>cscript ospp.vbs /dstatus

over my Office 16 installation directory, I get (redacted sensitive information with "xxxxxxxxxx")

Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.812
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

---Processing--------------------------
---------------------------------------
PRODUCT ID: xxxxxxxxxx
SKU ID: xxxxxxxxxx
LICENSE NAME: Office 16, Office16O365ProPlusR_Grace edition
LICENSE DESCRIPTION: Office 16, RETAIL(Grace) channel
BETA EXPIRATION: 1601-01-01
LICENSE STATUS: ---NOTIFICATIONS---
ERROR CODE: 0xC004F009
ERROR DESCRIPTION: The Software Licensing Service reported that the grace period expired.
Last 5 characters of installed product key: xxxxxxxxxx
---Exiting-----------------------------

I presume this is what is throwing the Warning in PDF-Tools. I've got my IT department looking at this, but was wondereing if other PDF-Tools users have encountered a similar message.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Warning: Warning! MS Office is not activated, correct file processing is not guaranteed!

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, rkg82tg

This message only appears because Microsoft has changes how they store and report their licensed status to external applications, and in some rare cases, it is not possible for us to read and determine if an MS office license is in place. From our perspective, it does not appear to have been activated.

More recent updates have edited the body text of this warning message to make it a bit more clear what is going on, and that if you are sure you have a MS office license in place you should simply check the "remember my choice" option and allow our software to continue processing. Preventing this message from appearing again.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
HolgerChristiansen
User

Re: Warning: Warning! MS Office is not activated, correct file processing is not guaranteed!

Post by HolgerChristiansen »

Hello,

I have a similar problem, but not with the warning, but with previews. I am trying to convert multiple files to PDF and the preview of Office files is not working with the errormessage "MS Office file preview is unavailable if Microsoft Office is not activated". Conversion works fine, but when I click on the page selection, the whole program just looks like it freezes. It is not a real freeze, since I can end the dialog without any issue, but the page selection never comes up.

Any way to fix this?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, HolgerChristiansen

I am afraid that our PDF-XChange preview handler does not work with Office files, only PDF files, so whatever is presenting that message is something beyond our control. I would advise reaching out to Microsoft about that particular issue, unless you know which company makes the Office file preview handler you are using.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com