Office 365 64-bit

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

geeffland
User

Office 365 64-bit

Post by geeffland »

I just recently converted my Office 365 from 32-bit to 64-bit. The PDF-XChange addins worked very well in 32-bit applications, but I have noticed since the change to 64-bit, that in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Publisher now that the addin doesn't work (it did for an Outlook e-mail though)

The Error message is:
image.png
The PDF-XChange Printer driver was not found, or could not be loaded. Please reinstall.

This pops up after clicking the "Convert to PDF" button in the ribbon. In outlook it asked for the PDF file name and then saved the PDF, but not for any of the other Office 365 64-bit applications.

This occurred in PDF-XChange Pro 9.3 build 361?, and 9.5 build 366. I reinstalled the current version of PDF-XChange Pro and the PDF-XChange Standard Printer, neither fixed the issue. I can from the same apps, print directly to the PDF-XChange Standard Printer (without going thru the Add-in) and it works.

Operating System: Win 10 Enterprise, 22H2, 19045.2604

Thanks,
Greg
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Office 365 64-bit

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi geeffland,

this is not a known issue. Outlook does this differently than the other Office applications that use an ActiveX control. We would want to do a remote session and take a look first hand. Is that something you are amenable to?

If so, please email support@pdf-xchange.com and we will arrange a time to connect.

regards
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com