How to select all shapes (content edit) of a colour?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Jojoyubby
User

How to select all shapes (content edit) of a colour?

Post by Jojoyubby »

Is there any method to filter the selection of contents by colour? I wanted to delete all shapes (content elements) in red and blue.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: How to select all shapes (content edit) of a colour?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Jojoyubby,

Are those annotation objects, or base content items?
Annotations you can indeed group by colour, and then delete the whole group of e.g. Red objects:
image.png
However for base content items I am afraid that this is not really possible, and you will probably need to go through all your pages and delete those objects manually.

Kind regards,
Stefan
Jojoyubby
User

Post by Jojoyubby »

Stefan,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I am hoping to select base content. I usually work on architects' drawings with mark-up and sometimes I the red dotted line on the original drawing sent to me may hide some details. Its painful to remove them dash by dash. Hope this feature may be added to the request list.

many thanks again.
lev
User

Post by lev »

Jojoyubby,

You can try deleting flattened comments using the Content pane. You need to expand contents of the page you are working with and go the end of the content list. Flattened comments tend to be near the bottom of the list. In the Content pane clicking on each one "highlights" it on the page so it is discernable. Delete offending comments as necessary.
image(1).png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, lev

Thank you for the input, I just wanted to note that your post here is predicated on a key fact that is sadly not quite correct
lev wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:28 pm Flattened comments tend to be near the bottom of the list.
This is a common misconception caused by the timing when people typically look at the base content pane.
Base Content items are actually ordered based on their "forward/backwards" position in the document (If that is not changed, this is typically also the order they were created in). This system is similar to the concept of layers that you would see in an image editing program.
Sadly this means that there is not catch all generalization like "flattened comments are near the bottom". This may be true if you only just flattened the comments, as new additions they may happen to have been placed at the bottom of the hierarchy, but if you are doing that slowly over a long editing process, they will be widely interspersed through the file.

Jojoyubby,
Jojoyubby wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:24 am Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I am hoping to select base content. I usually work on architects' drawings with mark-up and sometimes I the red dotted line on the original drawing sent to me may hide some details. Its painful to remove them dash by dash. Hope this feature may be added to the request list.
While I cannot make any promises, the Dev team is working to improve the selection functions. Perhaps we will some some advancement in this area in the future.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com