Shortcut Suggestion: Go to the next/previous page containing a search result in the advanced search pane

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

DiveShallow
User

Shortcut Suggestion: Go to the next/previous page containing a search result in the advanced search pane

Post by DiveShallow »

It would be amazing if shortcuts could be set for:

1. Command Title: "Go to Next Result"
Tooltip: "Go to the next page containing a search result in the advanced search pane."

2. Command Title: "Go to Previous Result"
Tooltip: "Go to the previous page containing a search result in the advanced search pane."

Behavior:
  • I am currently on page 10 of a document.
  • the search pane shows results on page 9, 10, and 11
  • User presses shortcut assigned to "Go to Next Result"
  • Keyboard focus switches to search pane, and activates result found on page 11.
  • The page 11 result should be scrolled into view in advanced search pane if it was not already.
  • Behavior should be identical to clicking on the result in the search pane found on page 11. This way, the user can then move between search results using the up and down arrows.
Also would be nice:

3. Command Title: "Go to Next Result Group"
Tooltip: "Go to the first result in the next document group in the advanced search pane result list."

4. Command Title: "Go to Previous Result Group"
Tooltip: "Go to the first result in the previous document group in the advanced search pane result list."

Behavior:
  • If only one group is displayed in the current result list in the advanced search pane, "Go to Previous Result Group" would instead activate the first result in the current group.
  • Similarly, if only one group, "Go to Next Result Group" would activate the last result in the current group.
I understand that "find" has this feature, but I would like to cycle through the search pane results using only the keyboard.

Thank you!
D.S.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Shortcut Suggestion: Go to the next/previous page containing a search result in the advanced search pane

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello DiveShallow,

Thank you for your suggestions.

I will forward them to our developers for review and I will keep you updated on the progress.

If these features do not interfere with any of the existing features, chances are good that they will be implemented.

Regards.