Printing to "PDF-XChange Standard" printer flattens document with non-searchable text  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

ozinfotech
User

Printing to "PDF-XChange Standard" printer flattens document with non-searchable text

Post by ozinfotech »

Good day, mates.

It could be a setting or a bug, but when printing to the PDF-XChange Standard printer, the document is flattened so it can't be edited and text is not searchable. Neither of these are desirable in our printouts.

We haven't changed from the default print settings, from what we can tell. Could you point us the right direction to fix it?

NOTE: Two docs are attached. One printed through Chrome's Save to PDF feature and the other through the PDF-XChange Standard printer.
Chrome.pdf
(53.89 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
PDF-XChange Standard.pdf
(36.64 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Printing to "PDF-XChange Standard" printer flattens document with non-searchable text  SOLVED

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello ozinfotech,

I think this article will give you enough information why this is happening:

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... b-Browsers

Regards.
ozinfotech
User

Re: Printing to "PDF-XChange Standard" printer flattens document with non-searchable text

Post by ozinfotech »

Well then, that explains it. I'll use the plugin now that I'm aware of it.

Thank you!
ozinfotech
User

Re: Printing to "PDF-XChange Standard" printer flattens document with non-searchable text

Post by ozinfotech »

One other question, when I click the option to Convert to PDF... it appears to do something ("webpage to PDF converting") and then closes. Nothing happens thereafter. I checked the settings and they look fine.

My default application is PDF-XChange Editor. It doesn't matter if I leave the run option as Default Application, or actually browse to the executable.
PDFXChange Preferences.png
Sean - Tracker
Site Admin

Post by Sean - Tracker »

Hi Ozinfotech,

This feature should be working fine. Can you please clarify which version and build of the software you are using?

Kind regards,
Sean Godley
Technical Writer
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD
Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623
ozinfotech
User

Post by ozinfotech »

I'm using PDF-XChange Editor Plus version 9.5, build 366.0. Chrome is version 109.0.5414.120.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Thanks ozinfotech,

Does anything show in the Task Manager when you do this? PDFSaver should start. Often times the Save dialogue is hidden behind other windows:
WordAdd_in.gif
Having said that, my first click failed too. Now of course I cannot reproduce that, PDFSave launches every time for me.

I am keen to hear if you see PDFSaver in the Task Manager.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
ozinfotech
User

Post by ozinfotech »

It does not show up in Task Manager.
TaskManager.png
Sean - Tracker
Site Admin

Post by Sean - Tracker »

Hi ozinfotech,

Can you please try uninstalling any PDF-XChange printers on your machine, then re-installing PDF-XChange Standard and see if the issue is still present?

Kind regards,
Sean Godley
Technical Writer
ozinfotech
User

Post by ozinfotech »

It is resolved now. Thank you.
Sean - Tracker
Site Admin

Post by Sean - Tracker »

:)
Sean Godley
Technical Writer