Save As defaults

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

JNDallace
User

Save As defaults

Post by JNDallace »

I frequently use the Save As feature in Editor. In Microsoft Word when you select Save As, the window shows the existing file name and current folder location; from there just edit the name and hit enter. Done. Almost all the programs I've ever used display the folder where the file was opened from in the Save As dialog. In Editor, neither the name or file location are available in the Save As window. Selecting browse opens the file browser to the last used Save As location not the folder the file was opened from, which means having to navigate to the actual file location manually, assuming you remember what it is. Please consider incorporating the file location in the Save As dialog.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Save As defaults

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi JNDallace,

Thanks for the post - Can you send a screen-shot of what you're seeing?

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
JNDallace
User

Post by JNDallace »

I assume you mean what I'm seeing in Word? On the left it looks similar to Editor but to the right of "Recent","Add a Place" & "Browse" you have the current file name and folder location.
save_as.png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Thank you for the screenshot JNDallace,

That does help to clarify, We have seen a few requests for this recently, and while I cannot make any promises for its implementation anytime soon, Know that the Dev team is aware of growing interest in this.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
carl.andersen
User

Post by carl.andersen »

Let me just say with my first post here that I love PDF-XChange, it is a great program with many features that I can't find anywhere else.

However, I would like to +1 JNDallace's request for making the original document directory available during Save As. As he said, making this directory available, and indeed making it the default save directory, is standard practice on just about every platform I've used in the past ten years. Its absence on PDF-XChange is a little embarrassing and causes real inconvenience for me on a daily basis. I often want to make a copy of the current document in the same folder - with PDF-XChange, I don't even know what that folder is, or how to ever find the open document again.

Thanks for listening.

TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:52 pm Thank you for the screenshot JNDallace,

That does help to clarify, We have seen a few requests for this recently, and while I cannot make any promises for its implementation anytime soon, Know that the Dev team is aware of growing interest in this.

Kind regards,
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello guys,

We already came across such an issue and there is a solution to it:
image.png
Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
carl.andersen
User

Post by carl.andersen »

That's great - a belated thanks for this feature.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Save As defaults

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

:)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com