Feature Request: Crop to Dimensions

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

nyaa123
User

Post by nyaa123 »

Hi Tracker Software,

One of my uses for your software is to take large drawings and crop them down to focus on certain areas in the middle of the page (for another client to print them on their regular printer easily). I usually try and take multiples of Letter (8.5 x 11) size crops by calculating how much to trim the margins from the original size, but I would love it if I could input the desired dimensions into the crop window instead.

I know I can use Resize Page to achieve similar results, however with the crop tool I get a preview of the area and can move it around.

Thank you for your consideration.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request: Crop to Dimensions

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, nyaa123

Thank you for the suggestion, As you mentioned, you can effectively already accomplish this with the resize pages tool, especially if you make good use of the offset function and disable the "scale content" option. As such, I am not certain that this request will be accepted. I will be sure to bring it up with the appropriate teams and see what their thoughts are on it.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
nyaa123
User

Post by nyaa123 »

TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:24 pm Hi, nyaa123

Thank you for the suggestion, As you mentioned, you can effectively already accomplish this with the resize pages tool, especially if you make good use of the offset function and disable the "scale content" option. As such, I am not certain that this request will be accepted. I will be sure to bring it up with the appropriate teams and see what their thoughts are on it.

Kind regards,
Thanks Daniel. One nuance I just want to emphasize is that the crop window allows me to position the crop box visually, but the resize pages tool doesn't, so using the offset function in resize pages is not convenient. That said, thank you for forwarding the request to your developers!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Jensen Head
User

Post by Jensen Head »

I join the request to add the ability to position a crop frame of a given size on the page to select what exactly will be cropped - to the size in millimeters that I know. This is how it is convenient to crop the pages to the same size.

How it's done in Adobe Photoshop [1]:
_
2023-01-27_19-55-55.png
2023-01-27_19-55-55.png (4.65 KiB) Viewed 251 times
_
[1] The Marquee Tools / Fixed Size: "Specifies set values for the marquee’s height and width. Enter pixel values in whole numbers".
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for the suggestion Jensen Head. I passed the idea on to the devs for consideration.
You know the drill... ;)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com