Shortcut for vertical tab/ sidebar

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

MedBooster
User

Shortcut for vertical tab/ sidebar

Post by MedBooster »

It seems like there's no shortcut available for toggling the sidebar on and off, maybe that is something you could add?
While you're at it , feel free to add a toggle shortcut/button for the bottom bar as well :)

image.png

As a reference we already had this discussion on the bottom bar.
https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?p=159934&hilit=hide+bottom+bar#p159934

In my opinion the bars that are left after removing both the side bar and bottom bar with your mouse is a bit in the way.... So with optional keyboard shortcuts, maybe you wouldn't need those small bars to click to open? Edit: yes indeed, if you toggle all toolbars off, you don't have that thin bar left , see that attached screenshot
image(1).png
image(2).png
Wishlist
Bookmarks with page numbers
Optional fixed small icon size in the toolbar
Shift to UNLOCK aspect ratio/i]
Allow more "toolbars" to the title bar
AltGr issues with character input and keyboard shortcuts
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Shortcut for vertical tab/ sidebar

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, MedBooster

You are correct that ath the moment there is not easy way to show/hide these bars. As a temporary workaround, you can disable the bars entirely via the right click menu over any blank space in the toolbars:
PDFXEdit_dzZSO1I8UU.gif
I am also forwarding this request to our dev team to see if they would be willing to offer hotkeys for these items.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
MedBooster
User

Post by MedBooster »

TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:10 pm Hello, MedBooster

You are correct that ath the moment there is not easy way to show/hide these bars. As a temporary workaround, you can disable the bars entirely via the right click menu over any blank space in the toolbars:
PDFXEdit_dzZSO1I8UU.gif
I am also forwarding this request to our dev team to see if they would be willing to offer hotkeys for these items.

Kind regards,
Any news on this? Seems like there are still no shortcuts available to show/hide sidebar(s) (so that it would hide all if you were to have multiple open) – or ideally remember which ones you have collapsed and which ones are open once you use the shortcut, to revert to the pre-existing state

edit: one of the advantages with using a shortcut as opposed to clicking on the hide/show arrow is that you don't get that thin arrow bar when you use keyboard shortcuts to hide/show such bars (for example the bottom navigation bar)
Wishlist
Bookmarks with page numbers
Optional fixed small icon size in the toolbar
Shift to UNLOCK aspect ratio/i]
Allow more "toolbars" to the title bar
AltGr issues with character input and keyboard shortcuts
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, MedBooster

At the moment I am afraid that no progress has been made towards this, it is sadly not a high priority item. We will need to keep our eyes to the future, and if we see more support for this, I may be able to increase the priority.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com