Find... Results not shown on curently displayed page  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

HawkInOz
User

Find... Results not shown on curently displayed page

Post by HawkInOz »

Whenever I search for anything, the first results found are never on the page being displayed, but instead on the page immediately following the page being displayed. So, my typical search pattern is to hit Ctrl-F, enter my search criteria in the Find... box, and then scroll down one page to actually see the search results highlighted on the next page. Continuing to search for the same criteria in a document causes a repeat of this behavior, often requiring me to page down one page to see the actual results of the search (unless the search criteria is found multiple times on a single page).

Is there a setting somewhere that is causing the Find function to stop a page before the actual results that I can change, or is this a bug?
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Find... Results not shown on curently displayed page  SOLVED

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

HI HawkInOz

are you running the current version? 9.5.366.0. I see it hit the right page each time:
SearchBehaviour.gif
Do you see something different?

Help then Check for Updates is probably the easiest way to stay current.

Do you have "Ribbon Layout" enabled?
image.png
image.png (28.29 KiB) Viewed 234 times
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
HawkInOz
User

Re: Find... Results not shown on curently displayed page

Post by HawkInOz »

Yes, the latest version is installed.

I did have Ribbon Layout selected. Not even sure what exactly that is. I just changed it to Standard Layout, and the problem goes away! Yay! And to further test, I switched back to Ribbon Layout and the problem returned. So now I'm back on Standard Layout. Amen!

I checked in the Preferences, and don't see a way to specify Standard Layout as a default. May I suggest it be added?

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Find... Results not shown on curently displayed page

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, HawkInOz

Glad to hear you found the solution to the issue. For the time being, the Ribbon/standard layout options will not be getting added to the preferences, as they are view options specifically, they belong on the view tab. Likewise, our preferences menu is already large and convoluted enough, adding extra options to it which already have good homes would only make those issues worse.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com