pdf producer metadata

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

MedBooster
User

pdf producer metadata

Post by MedBooster »

Is there a way to remove the pdf producer metadata? Or will these 4 information categories always be associated with a PDF?
image.png
image.png (51.84 KiB) Viewed 223 times
Wishlist
Bookmarks with page numbers
Optional fixed small icon size in the toolbar
Shift to UNLOCK aspect ratio/i]
Allow more "toolbars" to the title bar
AltGr issues with character input and keyboard shortcuts
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: pdf producer metadata

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello MedBooster,

No - there is no way to remove that metadata, and we will always add it when we create a new PDF file.
Is there any specific reason why you want this gone?

Kind regards,
Stefan
MedBooster
User

Post by MedBooster »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:17 pm Hello MedBooster,

No - there is no way to remove that metadata, and we will always add it when we create a new PDF file.
Is there any specific reason why you want this gone?

Kind regards,
Stefan
No, it was just more of a curiosity, because I couldn't find any existing thread on this.

I guess it is a general security measure, I for sure feel safer when I can see where a PDF is built,
so I guess my second question is: [*] can this be tampered with? Or is the PDF-producer 100% the one that comes up.
For example: PDF-XChange Core API SDK (9.5.366)

What does removing advanced XMP structure do? It did not remove the PDF producer information. What's the point with that information?
image.png
Thanks for the reply.
Wishlist
Bookmarks with page numbers
Optional fixed small icon size in the toolbar
Shift to UNLOCK aspect ratio/i]
Allow more "toolbars" to the title bar
AltGr issues with character input and keyboard shortcuts
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello MedBooster,

Some tools that have low level access to the PDF file will likely be able to change that - but those tools owuld usually also be able to create new PDF files on their own (and that's why they need to be able to set the author : ) ).
We do not provide tools for that in the Editor, but are obviously able to set it when we create new files from scratch ourselves.

We would not change the Author of the document if one is already there and is not ourselves.

As for your last question in the above post: "What does removing advanced XMP structure do?" - we have asked our devs for some further info on that, so that when we answer this question we can provide as much info for those advanced XMP structures as possible at the same time.

Kind regards,
Stefan