XCPro40.dll

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

tgdonovan
User

XCPro40.dll

Post by tgdonovan »

I lost my development machine, and had to rebuild it and reinstall all of my development environment. I feel like I must be doing something wrong, as I am getting an error when running the PDF Tools SDK in 64-bit mode. I loaded up the example program XcPro40Demo for VB.net. I am getting a System.AccessViolationException in 64Bit mode when calling XCPro40_Defs.PXCp_ReadDcoument. The PXCP_Init runs fine, but the ReadDocument fails. This used to work on my old machine, but isn't working on the new machine. If I run the code in x86 mode it works fine. So something isn't configured right. I feel like some definition or some dependency, or something is obviously wrong in 64-bit mode. I cannot figure out what it is, as when comparing the files included with the new build, to a published version of the program from before losing my development machine, that all of the DLLs are the same.

Any suggestions on how I find what is causing this problem? The XCPro40.dll file is dated July 28,2014, and it shows as 64bit in SysInternals procexp64.exe (all the dll's show as 64bit).

I don't sell my software, just write programs for me and my five employee's. So just trying to get back where I was, but I cannot figure out what is causing this. It happens in two of my programs that use PDF Tools in this way, plus in the example code provided by Tracker-Software. In XCPro40Demo, it is in the btnInputPDF_Click function that the error comes up.

All help appreciated.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: XCPro40.dll

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello tgdonovan,

Welcome to our forums!
I've asked colleagues from our dev team to take a look at this topic and provide some further advice.
As soon as I hear back - we will post an update here.

Kind regards,
Stefan
tgdonovan
User

Post by tgdonovan »

Appreciate any assistance you can provide.
tgdonovan
User

Post by tgdonovan »

In playing with this further, I found that the new install of the computer was Windows 10 22H2 and I installed Visual Studio 2022 without having previously installed Visual Studio 2019, which meant that by default .net Framework 4.0 was not setup on the machine and so the program was updated to .net 4.8. At 4.8 the XcProDemo does not work when trying to call PXCp_ReadDocument.

I installed Visual Studio 2019, and got it to install .net Framework 4.0.

Back in Visual Studio 2022, I could change the target Framework to 4.0 (it wasn't there before as Visual Studio 2022 doesn't install it and Windows 10 22H2 doesn't come with it by default. When the program is targeted against 4.0 framework it runs just fine.

So then I went back and changed my actual programs rather than the Demo program to target .Net Framework 4.0 and it too now works and can use PXCp_ReadDocument and other functions in the Tools Library.

So question, is the PDF Tools SDK not compatible with later version of .Net. Did I miss something in the manuals about this?

Thanks.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello tgdonovan,

Glad to hear that you have figured out a solution that works, and I will ask our devs to check whether the PDF Tools SDK should work with 4.8 of the .NET framework.

Kind regards,
Stefan
tgdonovan
User

Post by tgdonovan »

Any chance the developers could comment on this? I have been informed that another tool I rely upon will be updating at the end of December and the new update will require 4.8. I am going to be in a difficult position if your tool requires a previous version and the other tool requires 4.8.

Thank you for the assistance.
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi tgdonovan.

We will check it and let you know about the result.

Cheers.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
tgdonovan
User

Post by tgdonovan »

No answer yet? I get nice responses that you will reach out, but never received an actual answer?