Crash scenario - Firefox - Xchange Printer home

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

redwood
User

Post by redwood »

Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.963
Firefox Version 108.0.2
PDF XChange Printer Lite 9.5.366

My scenario:
Firefox is open, connected to a site e.g.
https://www.heise.de/ratgeber/Schaedlingssuche-mit-dem-c-t-Notfall-Windows-2023-7449381.html
Menu - File - Print, and I select the XChange printer as output
In the "right side menu" of the opend dialog I select: Print using the system dialog
Firefox crashes with a Notifcation that the Xchange printer experienced an unexpected configuration problem 0x800706be

I cannot trace the error down to the responsible Program so I don't know where the error comes from - Firefox or XChange Printer.
FF and Xchange Printer crash.jpg
FF and Xchange Printer crash.jpg (15.52 KiB) Viewed 3099 times
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Crash scenario - Firefox - Xchange Printer home

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello, redwood,

Welcome to our Forums.

If there is a crash caused by our PDF XChange Lite there will be a log about it.

Please follow these instructions to generate a full crash log:

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... estigation

When the logs are ready, please send them to us for further investigation.

Also, you may check in the Windows Event Viewer if there is more information about this crash.

Regards.
redwood
User

Post by redwood »

I opened the given link and followed the guide. (no problems to do that)
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowledgebase/459-How-do-I-create-a-dump-file-and-send-it-to-Tracker-Software-for-investigation

1. One note says "you will be asked to create a Crash Dump".
2. In my case I was not asked to do this, only the crash message from Firefox was to see.
3. I produced the crash again, no Dump was created what belongs to any Tracker Software.
4. This means the crashing program is most probably Firefox when trying to connect to Printer Light.
5. Mozilla has to fix it - Isn't it?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello redwood,

Thanks for trying the above. I think Dimitar managed to reproduce the crash of FFox yesterday, but he thought his issue was slightly different than yours and you were actually managing to get our driver to crash.

This issue does seem to indeed be on FireFox's side - as we tested with various web pages (so it's not your specific page that causes the issue), and we tested with any number of printers (so it's not our printer causing this) - as soon as we asked FireFox to show the "Use System Dialogue" printers menu - and it was closing on us.

Kind regards,
Stefan
redwood
User

Post by redwood »

Thank you
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)