FSLogix/Windows Transaction issue (TxR) on PDF-XChange Editor exit

Support for network administrators. for software deployment and management through Active Directory Group Policies.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

velartis-md
User

FSLogix/Windows Transaction issue (TxR) on PDF-XChange Editor exit

Post by velartis-md »

Hi,

we recently updated a customers quite old PDF-XChange Editor v7.0.328.2 to the current v9.5.366.0 one. The new version seems to store its settings using Windows Transactions when exiting.

That fails consistently and the user gets a dialog "Failed to save the application settings" plus likely the output from GetLastError/FormatMessage on every exit.

I troubleshoot the issue and found RegCreateKeyTransacted failing consistently with ERROR_RM_NOT_ACTIVE (6801) for users with FSLogix Profile containers.

Now, clearly, I don't think you guys are to blame here at all.
I just want to inform you and maybe you can escalate the issue to Microsoft as well. Creating a support ticket for FSLogix has turned out to be troublesome on its own.

I have posted the very same issue here as well including more technical details and a sample application to reproduce the issue:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/1139079/transacted-registry-txr-possibly-broken-with-fslog.html

Kind Regards,
Michael Dobretsberger
VELARTIS Sysadmin | www.velartis.at
Roman - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: FSLogix/Windows Transaction issue (TxR) on PDF-XChange Editor exit

Post by Roman - Tracker Supp »

Hi Michael,
It looks like FSLogix Container does not support TxR API. We have implemented a workaround for this issue. The fix will be available in the next release of the Editor.