Embed SVG from Word into PDF  SOLVED

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Lukas
User

Embed SVG from Word into PDF

Post by Lukas »

Hello,

I've noticed the behaviour that when exporting a .docx word file to pdf using PDF Xchange, it will convert vector graphics into images. You can see this when heavily zooming into the created pdf, you'll see pixels at the edges of a shape. The behaviour occurs both on the word addin and the office2pdf tool.

I tried playing with the settings. I disabled image and text compression and enabled embedding all fonts. I still can not manage to embed the svg into a pdf using PDF Xchange office addin.

However, when exporting the word document into a pdf using word 2019's internal pdf export, the pdf contains the svg instead of an image. Is there any setting I'm missing or is PDF Xchange currently not able of embedding svg graphics from a word file?

I attached a zip file containg three pdfs, each exported using a different technique, as well as the original word file:
Example_Files_Word_SVG.zip
Original word file and three pdf exports
(51.91 KiB) Downloaded 109 times

Best regards
Lukas
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Embed SVG from Word into PDF

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello Lukas,

Welcome to our Forum.

Could you please update your product to the latest version and test the conversion again?

You may download it at this location:

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/downloads

Regards.
Lukas
User

Post by Lukas »

Hi Dimitar,

thanks for your quick reply. I updated 'PDF-Xchange Pro' to the current version 9.5.365.0 and could not notice any difference in the created pdfs.

Best regards
Lukas
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Embed SVG from Word into PDF  SOLVED

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Lukas,

When you use the add-in or "File->Print" inside Word - we would rely on word preparing a file for 'printing' and then grabbing that information to put it into a PDF file, and it seems like in the process Word rasterizes the SVG.

However, if you drag and drop the file over the Editor it will convert correctly the question mark from your example as a smooth vector object (actually editable text :) )

Kind regards,
Stefan
Lukas
User

Post by Lukas »

Hi Stefan,

I can verify that your suggested workaround works perfectly fine. Thank you very much for your support!

Best regards,
Lukas
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Embed SVG from Word into PDF

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

:)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com