Word > create and send pdf

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Tobile
User

Post by Tobile »

Hello together
When I create a pdf from Word and want to have it sent with Outlook, i have the option to attach a file.

Unfortunately, this additional attachment is always implemented in the pdf. It would be better to send this file as an Outlook attachment.

Are there any solutions?

Thanks
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Word > create and send pdf

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello Tobile,

Could you please confirm if you are using one of our virtual PDF printers, our MS Office add-in or the build in function of MS Word?

Also can you provide a step by step instructions on how we can reproduce this behavior?

Regards,
Radi
Tobile
User

Post by Tobile »

...the build in function of MS Word (tab "pdf")

Word > tab „pdf“ > „create and send pdf”
Settings (“edit settings”):
E-Mail > “send document as appendix”
Attach file > “attach a pdf to the output”

…this file will be unfortunately inserted into the existing pdf.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Tobile,

The built in feature in Word is beyond our control - so we can't really help you with that, but if you are using our Add-in - you can set it up that it will convert your document to PDF, and then start your mail client with the resulting PDF file as an attachment:
image.png
Kind regards,
Stefan
Tobile
User

Post by Tobile »

Sorry. I must have expressed myself incorrectly....

I use the pdfxchange plugin:
grafik.png
Settings:
send E-mail
grafik(1).png
and
attach file
grafik(2).png

If i now click on "create and send", then the plugin generates an email with one pdf (the pdf, generated from Word, and the attachment). That means the attachment is inserted into the Word pdf = one file:
grafik(3).png

But I want the Word-pdf and the attachment to be sent separately by email:
grafik(4).png
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Tobile,

thanks for the added explanation. I am not sure I follow myself unfortunately. You have a Word document that yo convert to PDF using that addin - it is a single file that represents the content of your Word file, that you can attach to an email.
That means the attachment is inserted into the Word pdf = one file:
Sorry, I am not sure what attachment you mean here? The PDF created IS Word file in that the two should have the exact same content. You are then attaching a PDF version of the Word file to an email. I am not clear on what the two files would be.

Can you explain more about what you r attachment is that you want to separate from the PDF copy of the word file?
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Tobile
User

Post by Tobile »

OK. Here's to a new one. Maybe my English is not good enough or I am explaining wrong. Sorry

Step1. I create a document in Word
Step 2. I convert the Word document to a pdf (pdf 1) using the pdfxchange-plugin, attach an external pdf (pdf 2) and transfer it to Outlook (via pdfxchange-plugin „create and send pdf“)
The result looks like this:
grafik.png

The external pdf (pdf 2) has been integrated into pdf 1 = One pdf as attachment in the email.
grafik(1).png
grafik(1).png (16.44 KiB) Viewed 2756 times

However, I don't want pdf 2 to be integrated into pdf 1 and sent as one file via email.
I want pdf 1 and pdf 2 to be sent as one attachment each in this email like this:
Two pdf as attachment in the email
grafik(2).png

I hope I have expressed myself a little more clearly.
Thanks for your patience ;-)
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Tobile

The option you show above is the "append output with a PDF file" option. The term "append" in this situation means to "insert these pages at the end of the document", much like "prepend" would mean to insert them at the beginning of the document. Either of these options will cause the two to become a single PDF document.

I am afraid that it is not possible for our Standard printer to "attach" additional PDF documents when sending my mail, as such, the only way to see your two files sent as separate files, while using our standard printer send-by-mail feature, will be to manually attach the second file to the email, after our standard printer has sent the first one over and opened the compose window for you.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Tobile
User

Post by Tobile »

Thanks for the information.
Doesn't really help me, but it's good to know there is support that cares. ;-)

Many thanks from Germany
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

:)