[Suggestion] Toolbar profiles

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

MedBooster
User

[Suggestion] Toolbar profiles

Post by MedBooster »

Instead of having to disable and enable all the particular toolbars you want to have (including sub-toolbars), it would have been nice to be able to create specific *profiles* for that. Let's say you have one particular layout you use when you're on your monitor (connected to your laptop), and one when you're only on your laptop

It would also be nice to be able to attach keyboard shortcuts to these hypothetical "toolbar profiles" I'm suggesting.

(by the way, is it possible to have different toolbar layouts in different windows? I assume not – since they're not really attached to a particular screen)
Wishlist
Bookmarks with page numbers
Optional fixed small icon size in the toolbar
Shift to UNLOCK aspect ratio/i]
Allow more "toolbars" to the title bar
AltGr issues with character input and keyboard shortcuts
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: [Suggestion] Toolbar profiles

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Medbooster, that is an interesting idea.

I discussed this with the development team leader. He is asking if what you are looking for here is essentially just for the layout? One could save settings to file but that includes much much more than just the layout and isn't really the best approach for this.

We are thinking about your suggestion, not promises yet, but is that ultimately want you need? Different screen layouts you can switch between on the fly?

Again, no promises here, but we do want to know more about the request.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
MedBooster
User

Post by MedBooster »

Referring to the toolbar toggle section in the screenshot

Let's say you were able to add custom profiles that you could toggle on and off at the top of this ↓main tabs menu.

Enabling Profile 1 – that you might have named big
would enable the toolbars with presets I've set to larger font sizes

Enabling Profile 2 - that you might have named small
would enable the toolbars with presets I've set to smaller font sizes.

Just as an example :) – obviously these hypothetical toolbar profiles would be more for when you need a specific combination of toolbars on and off (when I say toolbars I also mean sections of toolbars, not the whole thing, since it seems like each sub-toolbar also is called a "toolbar)
image(1).png

(obviously you would just be able to toggle one profile on at a time I imagine, and if you were to toggle a single toolbar on and off manually I imagine it should exit from the profile mode)

image(2).png
Wishlist
Bookmarks with page numbers
Optional fixed small icon size in the toolbar
Shift to UNLOCK aspect ratio/i]
Allow more "toolbars" to the title bar
AltGr issues with character input and keyboard shortcuts
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for that.

The devs will take this into consideration. Again, this is not a promise to deliver said features, but it does further the discussion, so very much appreciated.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com