When Chinese character can't be sought after flattened?  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

balmydrizzle
User

When Chinese character can't be sought after flattened?

Post by balmydrizzle »

I first use comment to edit a rule book file for translating from English to Traditional Chinese. When I finished and flatten comments, then save as another pdf file. I find many Chinese characters becomes other looks-alike Chinese characters. This cause a problem when I use pdf reader to read this flattrn version, I can't do text search. For example, When I type in comment previously is '木' (unicode = E6 9C A8), but in flattern verison, it becomes(converted by X-Change Editor) '⽊' (unicode = E2 BD 8A), which has different charscter code. Why flattern changes the character code? You can see this attached image: Though these two Chinese characters (this chinese character meaning WOOD) looks similar but they have different height.

Last edited by balmydrizzle on Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
balmydrizzle
User

Re: When Chinese character can't be sought after flattened?  SOLVED

Post by balmydrizzle »

I find the problem comes from Sumatra PDF reader. I can search well in Foxit Reader but not in Sumatra PDF reader. Do you possibly know why?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: When Chinese character can't be sought after flattened?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello balmydrizzle,

I presume you are using our Editor to modify the file and flatten the comments!
Can you please check and make sure that you are doing so in build 364 of the Editor?
If the issue still happens with the current latest build - can you please share with us a sample of the file with the comments NOT flattened in it - and then a flattened copy.

Also - it seems like the issue is with a specific third party software that might not be handling CJK fonts properly in general.

Kind regards,
Stefan
balmydrizzle
User

Re: When Chinese character can't be sought after flattened?

Post by balmydrizzle »

Hi, Stefan,

Thanks for reply. However, never mind. I'll just use Foxit PDF reader to do searching. In the mean time, most usrs who read the translated rule book wlll just browse them.

Thanks for service again.

Stay Safe!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

When Chinese character can't be sought after flattened?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)