PDF-XChange Editor Portable as defaut program to open PDFs

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

StreifLicht
User

PDF-XChange Editor Portable as defaut program to open PDFs

Post by StreifLicht »

I am using PDF-XChange-Editor Plus v9.2 as portable version (installed on an USB stick).
How can I configure Windows/the program to open pdf per default = clicking on a pdf file starts PDFX-Change Editor Plus on the stick.
On one machine I am sometimes working using there is installed an older version of PDF-XChange Editor (v7) and I would prefer using my newer portable version for opening PDFs.
David.P
User

Re: PDF-XChange Editor Portable as defaut program to open PDFs

Post by David.P »

Not sure if it works from USB Stick. I also use the portable version on a laptop, however I simply copied it to a folder on the HDD.

Windows then can be configured to use this version as the standard PDF program, simply by right-clicking on a PDF and going through the "Open with" -> ... -> "Choose another app on your PC" process once.
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: PDF-XChange Editor Portable as defaut program to open PDFs

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello David.P,

Thanks for the help!
Indeed that can be set in Windows - and provided that PDF files are only attempted to be opened when the same USB stick is connected to the machine - and Windows assigned it the same letter - it should work.

Kind regards,
Stefan