Signature panel  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

george++
User

Signature panel

Post by george++ »

Hi,
Is it possible to hide the blue colored line of information?
I cannot hide these panels in general.
Many times when I scan some documents I get another warning (in red color) saying:
"Problems were detected with the document. You may save a copy to correct them. [Show Problem Details][Save As...]"
In most cases the issues are of minor importance and when I use the Adobe Reader I do not get any of these warnings.
Information panels like these, occupy valuable space on the laptop screen and I would like to have the ability to have more control on their appearance
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Signature panel

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hi,

Please look into File (or Edit) > Preferences > Document Info Bar, where you can check if you like to see these panels or info bars, and if so, which ones.

Best regards.
Attachments
PDF-XChange Editor - Preferences - Document Info Bar.png
george++
User

Post by george++ »

I should have been more careful when I saw the settings. :oops:
Thank you very much.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, george++

It should be noted however, at the very least with regard to the "red" banner you mentioned before. It is highly recommend not to disable this, as unlike adobe, who are content trying to fix it in the background and hoping for the best, we like to inform you whenever we detect an error. This is important as sometimes it is not actually possible to "fix" the document, and finding the source of the issue is of critical import to prevent document corruption or other data loss in the future.

I would advise that you leave this on, and whenever you see the warning, investigate what caused that issue in the first place, so you can prevent it at its source and ensure your documents are stable.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
george++
User

Post by george++ »

In daily use though, some messages are strict. I mean, they might not show up or at least they can be displayed in a more discreet way . For example the attachment it is a simple scan produced by my HP scanner. There are no missing fonts or other serious issues that could be lead to a corrupted document
In any case, thank you for the tip.
Scan0001.pdf
(558.34 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
BTW: I have not good knowledge about PDF signing. Can you provide a useful link to get myself familiar on this topic?. For example, if I open a signed PDF, I read in the Signatures panel, that the signature is not verified. If I will proceed to verification, how can I stop this message in the next time I'll open the same document?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Signature panel  SOLVED

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, george++

Regardless of what exactly is missing (text, fonts, or something internal that you cannot see), if it cannot be repaired when you first see this message by clicking "save as", it has the potential to corrupt your document down the road. But you are aware of the risks now so I will end it there.

Regarding signing, there is not much to know, when placing a signature, you are adding a digital signature to the file, this could be "self signed" like the ones we can create (here), or this could be officially provided by a certificate authority. We do not offer "CA" certificates ourselves, you will need to find an authority which fits your needs and purchase it from them if you need an official verified certificate.

As for validating signatures, we show this notice so you can manually double check the validity of a signature, this needs to be done each time the file is opened. If you wish to automate this, you can enable automatic validation globally from the preferences (Ctrl_K) under the "signatures" category.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
george++
User

Post by george++ »

Thank you very much
If you wish to automate this, you can enable automatic validation globally from the preferences (Ctrl_K) under the "signatures" category.
This one is something that I was looking for
pseudonym
User

Post by pseudonym »

I know this is an old thread, but I came in here to say Thank You to the OP and Tracker support for the info on how to automate the validation of digital signatures. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again.
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Signature panel

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

:)