XChange prints different colour in greyscale

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Sean - Tracker, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Mcafferty
User

XChange prints different colour in greyscale

Post by Mcafferty »

I've had this issue for a while but would like to address it here for a possible resolution or at least and explaination.
In short, the PDF-XChange print driver is print greyscale object in a "sepia" tone colour. The application I'm using is Autodesk Revit, Windows 11, lated PDF X-Change, etc.

I have attached two images shaowing the PDF X-Chage printer does, and what another PDF driver does. The other driver (greyscale) is the expected behaviour. Up until the last PDFX update all was working as expected. As far as I can see all settings in PDFX are set on default. Not sure what changed either with the app, PDFX or Windows or a combination. I know I can force a greyscale in PDFX but I have colur on on pages as well which need to stay in colur. It just the greys get changed. I can live with the other driver, but PDFX is more efficient.
Attachments
Image 002.png
Image 003.png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: XChange prints different colour in greyscale

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Mcafferty

This could be related to the Color profile that is in use, which would usually only change with a windows update. The first spot to check would be in the Editor preferences (Ctrl+K) under "color management", the RGB dropdown in most cases, using the "monitor RGB" option at the top of the list is the best option, however in certain cases, you may wish to use another.
I would recommend that you try the sRGB option that is usually readily available on windows devices next, and after that, try each of the others. Note that changing color profiles will not only change how our printer generates the output, but also how other printers do, and how the Editor itself renders your pages. You may need to try a few different options before finding the correct one for your monitor/devices.

Following that, it could be an issue with the document itself possibly reporting it is using RGB colors, but actually givign us CMYK values, or vice versa. It is rare, but happens on occasion. I would need to ask to see a copy of the file in question if the above does not help, so we can identify what the actual issue is.

Kind regards,
Daniel McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

Support: <Support@tracker-software.com>
Mcafferty
User

Post by Mcafferty »

Thanks for the response Daniel. I have trie a few variations within PDFX but with the same results. If it's of any value I have attached a default output from PDFX and one from the PDF24 driver.
Attachments
PDFX-default.pdf
(152.46 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
PDF24-default.pdf
(308.63 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello, Mcafferty

Thank you for the files provided.

Please go to this folder:

C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color\

...and temporally move all of the color profiles you see there ( all the ICM and ICC files) to some folder.

The system will not allow you to move all of them but this is OK. Just move the ones you can.

Then please try again to print files and see if everything is OK with the colors.

Regards.
Mcafferty
User

Post by Mcafferty »

Thanks for the suggestion. I was able to remove all but 3 of the files. I created a PDF with PDFX but still have the same sepia tone shaded results.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Mcafferty,

Sorry to hear that this is still an issue for you.
I can not see this mentioned above - so can you please check which build of our products is currently installed on your machine, and if it is not the current latest (365) - can you please try to update and see if that helps?

Kind regards,
Stefan
Mcafferty
User

Post by Mcafferty »

My current version:
Image 001.jpg