Automate repetitive task

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

kkraft80
User

Automate repetitive task

Post by kkraft80 »

Good evening,

I have a task with a lot of repetition and I wonder if it is possible to automate or simplify some steps of the task. Maybe with Javascript?
I have hundreds of pdf files that are multi-page. According to certain criteria I select some pages from the pdf and extract them into another file according to the principle: oldfilename_A.pdf.
Then I select some other pages and save them under: oldfilename_B.pdf etc.
It would be a relief, for example, if I had a button that saves all the files that are selected at this point in time in a file that is then called the same as the former file name and then appends an _A and another function that does the same and calls the same _B.
Is there a macro function or some other trick that saves me all these steps?
At the moment I select, for example, the 5 pages that belong to group A in the preview, right-click, go to extract and add a _A to the file name... I then do this for all my groups.
Does anyone have a tip on how to speed this up?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Automate repetitive task

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, kkraft80

If you are using the thumbnails pane to select the pages, you can simply drag them out of the file into the windows file explorer to automatically save a copy of only those pages prepended with the first and last page number in the range.
PDFXEdit_NcNMrjWKur.gif
Beyond that, there isnt really a way to pre-select a series of groups, and then extract them, nor a way to define pages to extract based on specific criteria, so that part of this would need to be manual.

Kind regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com