Incorrect recognition of lines of text

Discussion for the End User use of OCR in PDF-XChange Editor and Viewer

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Jensen Head
User

Incorrect recognition of lines of text

Post by Jensen Head »

Incorrect recognition of lines of text.gif
_
1. Vacuklav rasterized page.pdf (7.21 MB) — https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RYRH9LBWWftrI9_QtqpCY8BSfBfU4EpY/view
2. Vacuklav rasterized page. OCRed.pdf (7.24 MB) — https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O5AZM5j2j2AxIEzDcMRy075_IDc-AIh3/view
_
ABBYY FineReader PDF 15 recognized this document just as badly, but Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2022.002.20212 x64-bit recognized it perfectly (usually, it recognizes documents worse than PDF-XChange).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Incorrect recognition of lines of text

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

Could you please tell me which OCR tool have you used?

If it is possible please send me a screenshot of the OCR window itself.
Jensen Head
User

Post by Jensen Head »

2022-10-27_12-36-20.png
_
The problem is with this document. Other documents both before and after it are recognized normally.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

Thank you for the provided information and files.

I tested your document in my PDF Editor but it seems that it behaves differently on my end:

2022-10-27_15-23-21.gif

May I ask you, what version is your PDF Editor, and is there any particular reason you are using Searchable Image mode for your OCR tool?

Regards.