Colors of the bookmark pane

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

kraken
User

Colors of the bookmark pane

Post by kraken »

Hello,
I'm using a dark theme for windows (white text on black background) and the bookmark pane is appearing black on black on most documents.
Is there a way to change the colors or, at least, force the background to white so it can be readable ?
kraken
User

Re: Colors of the bookmark pane

Post by kraken »

Am I the only one having this problem?
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

As far as I know it is not currently possible to change the bookmark panel colours though you can change the document colours to high contrast in preferences.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
prius04
User

Post by prius04 »

Is there some sort of method to turn this subject into a full-blown feature request?

I also tend to use dark themes (apparently many others do as well) which, in most instances, renders the bookmark pane completely unreadable. My pane, for example, appears as black on a dark blue background. Thus, I find it necessary to have Reader installed since the bookmark pane background seems to default to white.

I would therefore suggest incorporating the OP's suggestion into the product (allow users to change colors) or, at the very least, make the pane default to white so the bookmark pane is readable for those using dark themes.

Thanks!
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

We cannot use Window's default text for bookmark pane, because color of bookmark can be specified into PDF (default is black).
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.