Find and Replace

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

badijo2541
User

Find and Replace

Post by badijo2541 »

Hi everyone, I wanted to know if there is any feature that can be used to make Find and Replace, I try "Find and redact" thinking that I would be able to edit the final text but it is not.
Any way to find and edit the texts quickly in PDF-Tools? Since there are people who make "watermarks" in the form of text within the text itself (underneath everything), but not in the footer.
Thanks! I hope you can help me to do it, since I need to do it in batch.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Find and Replace

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, badijo2541

Find and replace is a highly complex function in PDF, as these documents are not "flow" based, but instead coordinate based. as such there is no real way to automate this in a batch. The best way to make edits to text is still to use the "search/Find" functions to locate the text and manually edit it from there.
You could alternatively use the redact tool and set overlay text from the properties pane before applying it:
PDFXEdit_u4WY6jVbX0.png
This would ensure that after the text below has been redacted, the new overlay text would be superimposed in its place.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Jensen Head
User

Post by Jensen Head »

Strange behavior of the "Find and Redact" tool ("Finds text with matching criteria and redacts results"): not only the text object is removed, as it should be, but the graphic (scanned) background under it is also cleared:
_
2022-10-10_15-14-33.png
2022-10-10_15-16-16.png
2022-10-10_15-17-04.png
_
At the same time, this object can be manually deleted in two clicks, getting exactly the result I need:
_
2022-10-10_15-13-24.png
_
Test document — https://roszdravnadzor.gov.ru/services/misearch?download=43957&id=43957&table_name=inf_letters
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Jensen Head,

I would not call this strange. As you are still effectively using the redaction tool - so it removes the content from the whole area, and then in the redaction 'rectangle' it adds the desired new text. So yes - everything from the location will be removed including background when you are applying a redaction.

Kind regards,
Stefan
Jensen Head
User

Post by Jensen Head »

Stefan, can some tool from the PDF-Tools package edit only the objects that contain the search text, and not touch the rest of the objects in the document? That is, in my case - only delete the diagonal text, which is used here as watermarks.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Jensen Head,

No - I am not aware of such a tool.

Kind regards,
Stefan