Find and Replace

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

badijo2541
User

Find and Replace

Post by badijo2541 »

Hi everyone, I wanted to know if there is any feature that can be used to make Find and Replace, I try "Find and redact" thinking that I would be able to edit the final text but it is not.
Any way to find and edit the texts quickly in PDF-Tools? Since there are people who make "watermarks" in the form of text within the text itself (underneath everything), but not in the footer.
Thanks! I hope you can help me to do it, since I need to do it in batch.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Find and Replace

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, badijo2541

Find and replace is a highly complex function in PDF, as these documents are not "flow" based, but instead coordinate based. as such there is no real way to automate this in a batch. The best way to make edits to text is still to use the "search/Find" functions to locate the text and manually edit it from there.
You could alternatively use the redact tool and set overlay text from the properties pane before applying it:
PDFXEdit_u4WY6jVbX0.png
This would ensure that after the text below has been redacted, the new overlay text would be superimposed in its place.

Kind regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Jensen Head
User

Post by Jensen Head »

Strange behavior of the "Find and Redact" tool ("Finds text with matching criteria and redacts results"): not only the text object is removed, as it should be, but the graphic (scanned) background under it is also cleared:
_
2022-10-10_15-14-33.png
2022-10-10_15-16-16.png
2022-10-10_15-17-04.png
_
At the same time, this object can be manually deleted in two clicks, getting exactly the result I need:
_
2022-10-10_15-13-24.png
_
Test document — https://roszdravnadzor.gov.ru/services/misearch?download=43957&id=43957&table_name=inf_letters
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Jensen Head,

I would not call this strange. As you are still effectively using the redaction tool - so it removes the content from the whole area, and then in the redaction 'rectangle' it adds the desired new text. So yes - everything from the location will be removed including background when you are applying a redaction.

Kind regards,
Stefan
Jensen Head
User

Post by Jensen Head »

Stefan, can some tool from the PDF-Tools package edit only the objects that contain the search text, and not touch the rest of the objects in the document? That is, in my case - only delete the diagonal text, which is used here as watermarks.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Jensen Head,

No - I am not aware of such a tool.

Kind regards,
Stefan