Generate Bookmarks From Page Text changed in build 360?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

evdbogaard
User

Generate Bookmarks From Page Text changed in build 360?

Post by evdbogaard »

In build 359 I can switch between the 'Generate Bookmarks From Page Text' dialog and the document to select text and then use the selected text in the 'Text Matching Options' dialog.

In build 360 I first have to select the text and then open the 'Generate Bookmarks From Page Text' dialog to generate the first level bookmarks.

Then switching back to the document to select the text for the second level bookmarks is blocked and I have to close the 'Generate Bookmarks' dialog in order to be able to select the second level text.

But when reopening the 'Generate Bookmarks From Page Text' dialog the created first level bookmark is gone. Build 359 did remember that first level bookmark after I used it to create the bookmarks but in build 360 these settings are gone and it is using the last used defined setting from the Settings dialog.

I am doing something wrong?
I would very much have the behaviour from build 359 back, because the way build 360 is behaving on this part makes the 'Generate Bookmarks From Page Text' fairly useless (and I use(d) it a lot...)

Thanks for any advice,
Ed
Ed van den Bogaard
Happy PDF-XChange PRO user since 2008 (version 4)
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Generate Bookmarks From Page Text changed in build 360?

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi evdbogaard,

thanks for bringing this to our attention. The change was not intentional and we will restore the behaviour that was in 9.2.359.0. I have raised a ticket around this, and while for internal use only, asking about RT#6046: Cannot "Get Style from Selected Text" from the Generate Bookmarks from Page Text" dialogue should mean someone here will check the progress for you.

I hope that helps.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Generate Bookmarks From Page Text changed in build 360?

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi evdbogaard

the support ticket RT#6046: Cannot "Get Style from Selected Text" from the Generate Bookmarks from Page Text" dialogue has just had it's status set to "Resolved". This means the work is done and the fix will be included in the next build currently slated for a coupled of months time.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com