Date format and layout in digital signature

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

bfpoulin
User

Post by bfpoulin »

Is it possible to change/customize the layout of the digital signature and the format of the date? The only option I found were that we can display or not the date, reason,... but we cannot change the position of the date.... In my case, I want to display my signature as imported from a graphic file and have the possibility to display the date either below, above, to the right or the left of my signature. Also, for the date format, I wish I could display only the date, not the time or the timezone...

Thanks !

Bertrand
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Date format and layout in digital signature

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi bfpoulin,

there is quite a bit of custom control over the way your signature looks - including the choice of what fields to display - Date, time etc.

Take a look at this article for example, it explains how to create an 'invisible' signature but the information in there can be used to make other custom appearances. https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowled ... ertificate

Try it and let me know how it works for you.

regards
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
bfpoulin
User

Post by bfpoulin »

Thanks Paul for the very quick reply !

I was aware of all the possible options described in your link. For now, my way of going around is to use two signatures, one with my name only (transparent graphic) and one with the date only. In this way, I can have the date displayed wherever I want, with the size I want. It would be nice if I could do it all at once, in one signature. Also, when I use the option to display both my name as graphics (icon) and the date together, the font of the date is too big compared to my signature. I cannot make it smaller relative to my signature. Only when I use two signatures I can fix this.

In the display of the date, can I have only the date, without the time and time zone? Something that would look like " 2011-06-05" or "June 05 2011"... It would be nice to have full control over what to display and in what format and size.

Thanks again!

Bertrand
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi again bfpoulin,

I see the usefulness of this. I have put this on the feature wish list. We are not adding new features until after the release of V3 so please consider this a long term request.

RT#1084: Feature Request : Date format and layout in digital signature

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
RIN
User

Post by RIN »

Hi,

I would like to pick up this topic again.
Some weeks ago I have included a digital signature showing my name as picture and on the right the date in the format yyyy-mm-dd. Then I had to reboot the computer... And now I am not able to find the option to define the date format (and I remember that I even changed the size). Could you kindly support?

THANKS!

Nadine
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello RIN,

When you select the "Sign Document" - a pop-up window will appear where you will see the currently selected signature template. Click the "Manage..." button in there:
image(3).png
And this will open a new pop-up.
In the new dialogue that will open select the template you'd like to update, and hit the "Edit..." button:
image(1).png
And in the third pop-up that will appear you can then change the date formatting:
image.png
Kind regards,
Stefan
RIN
User

Post by RIN »

Hello Stefan,

thanks for the quick response!
Unfortunately, it looks different when I open this menu (but I remember that it looked like this before the new installation).

[attachment=0]image.png

Thanks
Nadine
Attachments
image.png
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Nadine,

Please go to Help -> About inside the Editor and let me know which build of our products you have installed currently on your end.
It is possible that you are using an older build where these options were not present.

Kind regards,
Stefan
RIN
User

Post by RIN »

Hi Stefan,

I am using the following version:
image.png
image.png (21.71 KiB) Viewed 2822 times
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, RIN

That would indeed be the issue then, the latest release is now 9.4.364.0. Please do update the software in order to get access to these now features.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
RIN
User

Post by RIN »

Super, thanks!
Functionality available again
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »