Getting rid of application name in Filename offer

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

chrisjj
User

Getting rid of application name in Filename offer

Post by chrisjj »

I asked for this:
image.png
but got this:
image(2).png
How do I get what I asked for i.e.:
image(3).png
Thanks.

Workaround: manual edit.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Getting rid of application name in Filename offer

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, chrisjj

This is not an issue on our end and unfortunately cannot be resolved by us, the "docname" macro fetches the name from what the application feeds to us as a printer. In some cases, Microsoft Word feeds us exactly what you see in the title bar of the Word window as the print jobs "filename".
Depending on the version of word you are running, you may be able to change what is sent through their settings, but I cannot direct you to where that may be.

[side note, for reference - If this was being added by our software, it would be with the "AppName" macro, which would show "WINWORD" instead of "microsoft word" like you are seeing there.]

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com