Baking-in comment highlights

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

chrisjj
User

Baking-in comment highlights

Post by chrisjj »

Me again! (I'm going to buy the product upgrade if only to contribute $$$ for the ton of excellent support I've received recently!)

I have docs with many "comment" highlights which I need "baked-in" as coloured rectangles - so any reader screen and Print shows them as such.

Currently the best I can find is PDF XChange Editor Print "Document with Markup" BUT a) it of course loses bookmarks and goodness knows what else I might need to stay b) I really don't feel comfortable putting the whole doc through Print and possibly distorting some cases and c) I need batch processing.

What's the best way to do this?

Thanks.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Baking-in comment highlights

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, chrisjj

I believe the "flatten comments" function (on the comments tab) would be what you need, you can even use the "comments" pane to select only the highlight comments, then right click on one and choose "flatten selected comments" if you have other comments in the document which you do not want converted into base content.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
chrisjj
User

Post by chrisjj »

(FTR again the email notification was missing. Notifier stuck??)

> I believe the "flatten comments" function (on the comments tab) would be what you need

Excellent. A test shows flatten
image(1).png
does "bake-in": though the colour is slightly different. No problem... unless that means it is out of control. Q1 Do you see the same?

Suggestion: remedy the fact the Help, inc. https://help.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxt9/index.html?split-merge-documents_t.html , govem no clue as to the meaning of this Flatten.

> you can even use the "comments" pane to select only the highlight comments

I find no such pane in this program :) But thanks for the tip for should I use the other program.

Q2 Is there a standalone action having "Comments (only): Flatten"?

I see not this one, despite the (erroneous?) name:
image(2).png
-
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, chrisjj

Regarding colors, this can happen depending on your color profiles, as the comment would be in RGB, and you profile may prefer CMYK coloring, as the flattening process happens, some minor changes may occur.

For your second question, Comments and Annotations are the same thing, the two terms are interchangeable, so that is not an error, and that is the tool you are looking for.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com