Missing a Clear View on Folder Options

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

johnny_s
User

Post by johnny_s »

PDF-Tools: 9.4 363.0
Tool: OCR-Pages

Hello

Some options for the folder monitoring possibility are divided into the main options for the Tool and on the other side related tothe specific monitoring event.

I think it will be a goog idea to give a note ( or sth. like that) on the Event options which refer to the options from the main tool or may an link to it will be also a good idea i think.

best regards john
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Missing a Clear View on Folder Options

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello john,

Welcome to our forums. To me all the settings for a folder monitor are all in one and the same place. So can you please point me to the exact menus you refer to?

Kind regards,
Stefan
johnny_s
User

Post by johnny_s »

For Example: Save Documents with an TAG.
Or change File attributes.
grafik.png
best regards
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Johnny,

I am not sure I am following either I must confess. The options on the left pertain to the folder monitor and do not relate to saving the output, the settings on the right are for saving your output and are independent of the monitor.

What do you mean "Save Documents with an TAG." exactly? Accessibility labels? Some metadata in the PDF? This, and file attributes would definitely relate to the tool options not the folder monitor options.

Sorry if I am being obtuse.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
johnny_s
User

Post by johnny_s »

Hello Paul,
no worries

With tagging i mean insert an author or put some keywords on it but thats not the point.

i mean an hint within the options in the monitoring folder related to the option dialog from the main tools would be helpful.

For myself we want to use only the monitoring folder option, so at first i thought u could only do this whats mentioned in the folder options and nothing more.

Just a small hint that another options u have to set through the main tool options i think will make this a little bit more clearer.

Justmy2cents

best regards
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, johnny_s

Do you mean something like this, indicating that some tools will require first time setup before they are able to be fully automated?
image.png
If that is not quite what you mean, I am unsure what else to offer here.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
johnny_s
User

Post by johnny_s »

Hello Paul,

everything fine,

no for our purposes we only need the montoring option but when we configure these ones,
user may overlooked the other options which u can only configure in the main part but it's also linked if u run the monitoring event.

For example:

I want to test the monitoring folder option for our company, so i thought that the options are only the ones which are availiable for monitoring process.
with the Tooltip which uve mentioned i wasnt not really able to understand these neither in english nor in our native language.

If Its not ur opnion, just let it stay, no worries just my point of view as an person who had managed some instructions for UI Interface Systems for Salesreps.
So, when every other User is fine with it then it's fine overall, were not a the only company on this planet ;)

best regards
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)