I wish this software had a better UI/UX for touch tablets

For users with issues, or feature requests, on touchscreen devices.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
For users with issues, or feature requests, on touchscreen devices.

DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

Please specify the specific name of the product in question, the Version and Build, then the issue/feature feature:

i.e.

PDF-XChange Editor, Version 5.5 Build 315.

Description of issue/request: "................."
usingpdfxchange
User

I wish this software had a better UI/UX for touch tablets

Post by usingpdfxchange »

The software works subpar with my Surface X when I am in tablet mode. It's too clunky to use freehand and mark up construction drawings. Alas, I need to pay for 2 apps, this one and a different one that works better when I'm in freehand markup mode.

It would be great if I could only use this software, but it drags my productivity down when in freehand tablet mode. Maybe someday... or I just stop giving PDF-XChange any more money?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: I wish this software had a better UI/UX for touch tablets

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, usingpdfxchange

We do offer a touch optimized UI mode, which increases the size of many menu items to ensure they are easily accessible to tablet/touch users.
image.png
image.png (10.78 KiB) Viewed 2103 times
You can also heavily customize the UI to fit your precise needs, and hide the tabs at the top with a double tab on any header, if you need more screenspace.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... the-Editor
The newer versions even offer automatic switching between stylus and finger touch modes, so that you can have access to both a movement/scrolling tool, and an editing tool of your choice, at the same time.
image(1).png
We would love to add additional improvements in these areas, but if you are looking for them, we will need to know what it is you want to see improved, and how you suggest it be improved, so that we can create formal feature requests for those items.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com