How to NOT open the same file again?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Peter2
User

How to NOT open the same file again?

Post by Peter2 »

A colleague (Version 9) double-clicks on a file three times, and the same file is opened three times.
On my PC (Version 8 ), an already opened file is not opened again.

Where can I find the right setting?
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: How to NOT open the same file again?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Peter2,

Can you please check the exact build that colleague is using (Help -> About)?
I am unable to reproduce this behaviour with build 364 and I literally went through all the Editor settings that could affect such multiple openings, and I still can only see one copy of a file.
Is the file in question stored on a network location or maybe in an e-mail (My line of thought is that if they think they click the same file but the network location / mail client returns separate copies of the same - then they might be considered as separate files by the Editor)?

Kind regards,
Stefan
Peter2
User

Post by Peter2 »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:09 pm ...Is the file in question stored on a network location or ...
Yes, it is based on "Sharepoint". PDFExch also shows a ribbon from Sharepoint. And maybe that's the problem...
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Peter,

In that case it's likely that SharePoint serves 'different' files to the Editor, and as such it interprets them as separate and opens them anew.

Kind regards,
Stefan