Opening PDF document is not possible. Error: [PXCLib]: Required value not found

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Suhel Abdalla
User

Opening PDF document is not possible. Error: [PXCLib]: Required value not found

Post by Suhel Abdalla »

We have the problem with some pdf File created by a automatic prozess from a mail.
The process creates a pdf with have a ocr layer in the format PDF/A-3b.

Other pdf documents created by the same way could be opend
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Opening PDF document is not possible. Error: [PXCLib]: Required value not found

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, Suhel Abdalla

Sorry, I may be missing something here but, is this process using one of our products to create the document? If so, could you please send us a copy of the offending file so that we can take a look?
Please also confirm which product is running, what version/build you have installed, and elaborate on how exactly the process is performed.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Jonathan Precicom
User

Re: Opening PDF document is not possible. Error: [PXCLib]: Required value not found

Post by Jonathan Precicom »

Hi,

One of our big client is facing the same issue when trying to open a PDF from de Government. I installed the program on my computer and tried to open the same file, I get the exact same error message. The real problem is that it can easily be opend on older versions. One of the computers uses the version 8.0 from 2019 and can open the file.

Our client baught arround 100 licences from PDF editor.

Please help them with the issue, I don't see myself uninstalling PDF editor just to reinstall a 2019 version because it was working fine on this version.

Just contact me I will send any infor you need.

Thx.
image001.png
Catherine-PC.JPG
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Jonathan,

thanks for the [post and explanation.

We really need to see the file. Can you send it to us? if it is sensitive and you doo not want it on this public forum you may email it to =us at support@pdf-xchange.com and we will keep it confidential and destroy it once the investigation is done.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Jonathan Precicom
User

Let me validate with our client if I can share the specific files with your support team, then I will send it.

Thx.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Understood Jonathan,

a sample really is important. Even if they redact any sensitive information from the file using an older version to get us a sample that fails this way. We really need to look under the hood and see what's going on with this file.

Fingers crossed we can see a sample.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Jonathan Precicom
User

Hi Paul,

I've just sent the email with the attachement file of the PDF in question.

Thx
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Thanks Jonathan,

we will get this fixed. The fix won't be in this week's security update build, it should be in the build after that however.

regards
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Jonathan Precicom
User

Hi,
Just need a followup on this, I tried the new update this morning and still can't open the PDF. Any news on when the problem is going to get fixed?
Thx
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Jonathan Precicom

We Still have not released the next build following this. the current release (364.0) is the "security update build" which paul mentioned, it also included a few bugfixes which were reported early on, but this issue was reported too close to the release date to see a fix included. As Paul mentioned, it should be coming in the next release (365.0) coming sometime in the next month or two.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com