Apply Zoom/View settings to all tabs

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

twessels
User

Apply Zoom/View settings to all tabs

Post by twessels »

Hi forum/team!

Is there a way to apply the current zoom factor (or the whole settings in the "view" tab) to all tabs/all open documents?

For example, when I open 20 invoices of the same layout and I want to compare them, it would be great to be able to set the zoom level to 120% (for example) for all tabs - not having to do it 20 times.
Is the a way to do it?

All the best
Tim
MedBooster
User

Re: Apply Zoom/View settings to all tabs

Post by MedBooster »

I would also be interested in a way to do this, but it should be optional of course... more often than not I have different documents at different zoom levels.
Wishlist
Bookmarks with page numbers
Optional fixed small icon size in the toolbar
Shift to UNLOCK aspect ratio/i]
Allow more "toolbars" to the title bar
AltGr issues with character input and keyboard shortcuts
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Apply Zoom/View settings to all tabs

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello,

Unfortunately no, there is a good reason for this however. Zoom level is variable based on a number of factors. If one of the pages in a document is larger, the zoom level/position for the whole document could be different. likewise, many documents have a different "dpi" value, which significantly impacts the zoom percentage you see on that file. Following that, certain panes are document specific, meaning that it is possible to have them open on only a handful of your files, if any of them are open, the display area is a different size, and in turn, the zoom level would be way off if adjusted to "match" a document which is at different scale/view/size/panes.

In the end, a feature like this sadly would not be possible. The best that I can offer is the "Fit width" option, which, assuming your files do not have any pages of wildly different sizes, should give the appearance of the effect you are looking for. You can even set the editor to open all files in this zoom level by default, here (uncheck the "restore" option, and then set the "fit width" option):
image.png
This way, newly opened documents will all appear with the width of the largest rendered page set as the zoom level (note that if you have a wide page later on in the document, scrolling to that page will "recalculate" the fit width zoom level for that document).

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com