Arabic OCR.

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Mustafa101
User

Arabic OCR.

Post by Mustafa101 »

I have bought and downloaded PDF x-change V 9.4 Build 364.0. After downloading I have looked thru OCR downloadable list. I saw the Arabic language and I downloaded it. Strangely, I am not able to locate it in the downloaded languages. and when I go back to "Add/update languages" It is not there anymore? is it a bug or I am missing something here.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Arabic OCR.

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Mustafa,

after installing Arabic I expect you to see it in the list nest time with a green icon showing it is correctly installed:
image.png
You should then be able to add it to the languages for the OCR process:
image(1).png
Are you seeing something different? Do you have the Editor Plus with Enhanced OCR (the one that can convert image based PDFs to editable PDFs) or are you referring to the "Default OCR" that can only add an invisible text layer over images?

It would say "OCR Pages (Enhanced) in the title if it is the one for converting documents.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Mustafa101

It is also worth noting that Arabic is only available to the Enhanced OCR engine, if you do not have an Editor Plus license, you may be using the old "Default" OCR engine, which is not compatible with the new language options.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Mustafa101
User

Post by Mustafa101 »

Thanks All,

Daniel, I downloaded the free PDF x-change version. then I purchase editor version. I know what is missing !

Thanks.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hi Mustafa,

Is everything OK now?

Regards.