Confusing Replace Pages Options

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

PHK
User

Confusing Replace Pages Options

Post by PHK »

The following refers to the options available when replacing pages as seen in the pop-up box below.
image.png
At the bottom, there are two Replace Pages Options: "Replace page content..." and "Full Replace the entire page...". It seems to me that these captions are misleading on a quick reading and can lead to a user's misunderstanding of what happens when the respective options are selected.

Starting with the lower option, it seems to me that it can lead to something other than a "Full Replace" and rather depending on what sub-options are seleced the user gets a not-full replace, or a partial replace. And the upper option is the one that produces a "full" replace. Shouldn't the wording of these options be modified so that the upper option leads with "Full Replace" followed by the elaboration and the lower option leads with "Partial Replace" followed by the appropriate elaboration?
All best,

FringePhil
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Confusing Replace Pages Options

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi PHK,

I agree it's a little hard to understand, I'm not sure it's actually incorrect. I've asked our technical writer to take a look and see if he feel she can improve it a bit.

I hope that helps.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
PHK
User

Re: Confusing Replace Pages Options

Post by PHK »

Thanks for your consideration.
All best,

FringePhil