Bookmarks not the same on Windows and Android

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

mwsnw
User

Bookmarks not the same on Windows and Android

Post by mwsnw »

Hello,

I am attaching sample fle:
SampleBookmarked.pdf
(5.25 KiB) Downloaded 15 times

The file was created in PDF-XChange Editor 9.4 and there I added bookmark called BookmarkFromPDFEditor.
The file was also on Android device where I used Adobe Acrobat 22.8 to create one more bookmark called BookmarkAddedOnAndroid.

Now on Android I see both bookmarks, but the one from Windows is on Table of Contents.
On Windows, I do not see BookmarkAddedOnAndroid, cannot find it anywhere in PDF-XChange.

Can you hint me on how can I add bookmarks on Android that would be available on PDF-Xchange?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Bookmarks not the same on Windows and Android

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello mwsnw,

I just tested your PDF with Adobe's products on desktop - and I can't see the android bookmark in there either.
Likely the android app is not creating proper bookmarks as defined in the PDF specification.

Kind regards,
Stefan
mwsnw
User

Post by mwsnw »

Ok I found something on the topic:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/bookmarks-created-in-android-do-not-show-on-windows/td-p/9426292

Strange.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello mwsnw,

Apparently they are not true bookmarks that the Android reader creates but some 'remember me' custom (and outside of the specification) objects that they create. Sorry that I could not help further but this does look like an issue with the mobile app, and not the PDF file we've created.

Kind regards,
Stefan