Can't activate a license in Russia

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

EvgenyAleks
User

Can't activate a license in Russia

Post by EvgenyAleks »

Hello. I have PDF-XChange Editor Plus with 2 years of maintenance (order ID U766088763). When I try to activate my license on PC I receive an error:
image.png
So how I can activate my purchased license or refund the cost of it?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Can't activate a license in Russia

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello EvgenyAleks,

I am afraid that for the moment this is indeed the case:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/compan ... s/view/274

Kind regards,
Stefan
Jensen Head
User

Post by Jensen Head »

I live in Armenia, but sometimes I go to Russia. Could my license for PDF-XChange Pro be blocked while using your application in this country, which is subject to sanctions and boycotts due to its war in Ukraine?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Jensen Head,

Yes - it could indeed!

Kind regards,
Stefan
FDP
User

Post by FDP »

Stefan, are you saying that a licence can be revoked if the active network has a Russian IP address? Does the software require an always-on internet connection to run?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello FDP,

We do not check the license every day - but do so periodically, and if a reactivation attempt is made - and the IP is a Russian one indeed the reactivation might fail. If you are traveling to Russia for a few days this should not be a problem though.

Kind regards,
Stefan
Jensen Head
User

Post by Jensen Head »

I discovered many Russian-language stores selling Tracker Software applications for Russian rubles: alba-soft.ru, exosoft.ru, iesoft.ru, migsoft.ru, prodmag.ru, softmagazin.ru, softmap.ru, syssoft.ru, windows-office.ru... Some of them even claim that they are your official resellers. In none of them did I find any mention of a boycott by the company or the results of sanctions restrictions. Are they using a loophole to legally sell your app licenses, and their activated licenses will work without issue? Or are they pirates, and should I add all these sites (like them) to my banlist as unsafe?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Jensen Head,

Some of the names you've listed are indeed companies that have registered as our resellers in the past.
They are currently unable to purchase or sell our products in Russia, so if any of them are listing our products as still available might have e.g. had some stock, or they have just not updated the pages for our products to indicate that our products can not currently be purchased or used in Russia.

No need to blacklist them all immediately - however please be aware that they would most probably not be able to deliver a license, or if they have some in stock - those activation codes won't work anyway.

Kind regards,
Stefan