Editor jumps to last page bug

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
Biber7
User

Editor jumps to last page bug

Post by Biber7 »

Hi!

If we select 1 of 1000 thumbnails, then
delete this one page, there is a bug:
Editor jumps to the last page (999). Why?

In older versions editor dont jump, so we can mark the next thumbnail and delete too, if we want. So we could read for example page 500 and delete, then read the new page 500 (bevore page 501), and read, and delete, read and delete. If all pages we want do delete, we could send rhe rest for example 900 pages to customers.

In Your new version of editor there is a new wordaround, I mean a bug:
delete page 500,
editor jumps to page 1000,
seek page 500,
read,
delete,
editor jumps to page 999
read,
delete
editor jumps to page 998,
read,
delete,
etitor jumps to page 997,
read, ready, send to customer. :-(

Thank You 4 very good software and support. We bought it 2000 times in 7 companies.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Editor jumps to last page bug

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Biber7

The way the report is written makes this seem more like an issue with the end user software than it is with the SDK. Is this intended to be an End User application bug report? Please let me know if that is the case, and I will move the topic for you.

If this is an end-user report, I have to admit that I cannot seem to reproduce the issue on my end, Can I please first ask you to confirm that you are running the current latest release (9.4.363.0)? You can check at any time by clicking "help > about" within the Editor.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Biber7
User

Post by Biber7 »

Hello,

what is end user software? I thaught, Tracker XChange Editor IS end user software.

Explaning:
Mark 1 page with mouse in Vorschau-preview-icons.
Press delete button on keyboard.
Unfortunately the next page isnt marked. So workaround in the last 10 years, to mark next page, is:
Cursor down,
cursor up, so the next page was been marked,
read,
delete,
cursor down,
cursor up, so the next page was been marked,
read,
delete or not,
This workflow was very fast the last 10 years.

New workflow is:
no workflow. :-( We (2000 users in our company) must seek the mouse (1 second),
scroll down or up to the page we was, because PDF XChange Editor unfortunately goes to any other preview-icon, keyboard dont work to mark page, so we must take laborious the mouse,
mark the preview-icon we want to read next,
delete,
seek the mouse,
scroll to the page, we was,
read,
delete,
If we are ready, send the rest of the PDF to our customers.

So the new workflow is no STATIC workflow with keyboard, because we must use the mouse. :-( To use the mouse instead of keyboard, costs many time. For example 10 minutes with mouse instead of 1 minute without mouse, only with keyboard (in last versions). If a worker neets 10 times longer as bevore, the government means, the worker is bad. Please, use teamviewer or other software, so I can show You the workflow.
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi Biber.

Unfortunately but we cannot reproduce this strange jumping to the last page you described. Can you make a simple video that shows it? Also might be helpful for us if you will provide your current Editor-settings (via File/ManageSettings/ExportSettings, there you may choose the 'Program Options/Common' category only). Thanks.

Cheers.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.